Monday, February 22, 2010
Marriage-Dad and Jesus
Maybe I was just a weird child. (Please, hold your smart alack comments to yourself) But did you ever admire an adult so much when you were little that you wanted to marry them? I DID! I wanted to marry my dad. Sadly, he was already taken. (And that was the ONLY thing wrong with my logic at the time, but I digress...)I asked my mom about it in later years, worried that I had an Oedipus complex or something ridiculous. She said that as a little kid that was the highest honor I had in my bag of tricks to hand out. To marry someone was the best, biggest hugest thing I could do to say how much I loved them. I guess baking a pie wasn't good enough. Anyway, I find that the more I fall in love with Jesus, I really want to marry Him. Not in a weird, sacrilegious way. I want to be so close to Him that we are one person. I once read a quote that in Jada paraphrase says when you're in love with someone you want to be so close to them that if you could share the same skin, you would. I want that with Jesus. I can't get enough of Him. I wake up early just to spend time with Him. I eat lunch fast to spend time with Him, I stay up later after I've read the assigned books I have and I just soak in time with Him. The good news? No rejection! He wants to marry US! If we have accepted Him as our personal savior, we are a part of the Bride of Christ and we will meet with Him one day at the marriage supper of the Lamb. Those are oldschool biblical/pentecostal terms for when we get to heaven we will FINALLY be able to be with Jesus face to face. I know I started off on a weird note and maybe I landed on a weird note, but all I'm saying is...out of the highest honor I can think of, Jesus wants to have that with me and you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment