I don't know anymore today than I did yesterday about my future. There are two more choices today. That isn't necessarily a good thing for someone who is indecisive. I know in my heart what the "ideal," "perfect," or most desired thing is. But it seems impossible for all of that to be wrapped up in five weeks! I am reminded that with God, nothing is impossible and five weeks might as well be several thousand years.
Today, I am not moved by what might be. I am called to the present out of my reverie by a sudden down pour as I sit on the portico outside of Mi Casa Cafe. There is a slight chill in the air, enough to remind me of home actually. What seems like a dreary day is really a comfort. My warm red jacket, my trusty Merrill waterproof hiking boots, my favorite jeans and Southeastern tee shirt are also slight glimpses of what I would be wearing were I in Carolina today. I am also reminded of the sweet friends I have. Those I may, in all honesty, never see again after graduation and those I hope to see in my everyday life. But those thoughts wake me and revitalize me and make me aware of just how precious this time is. It is not to be worried away, hoped away, mindlessly wished away.
I have a phone interview tomorrow.
My heart has found itself attached to a certain fellow.
My calling seems to be something that no one has ever done-at my age at least.
These three things pull me in at least two different directions if I let them.
But today?
I spend time with the man who has become such a sweet friend and we talk about our shared passion for conference speaking and ministry and I enjoy the time we have.
Tomorrow? I'll answer the phone when it rings for the interview.
Beyond that?
Only God knows and only time will tell.
In the meantime?
I will wait. I will trust. I will not be moved.
This journey has brought me too far to give into a mind divided between faith and doubt.( Thanks for that Amanda.)
The sun is peaking from behind the clouds. The clouds are releasing another abundance of rain. Class starts in a few minutes. I'll put on my beloved red jacket and step out in it. It's the only way to live: equipped for the present, prepared for what may come and not stressing over the things that water you and cause you to grow in the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment