Thursday, March 10, 2011

Slingshot When It Seems Like A Long Shot



That video is a song that has been in my spirit a lot this week. Sometimes we have to remind our souls that we are the Lord's, that He has everything under control, that in the end He won't do anything that won't be for our good and for His glory. For all my days, Jesus I am Yours.

Also, I have been enthralled with the ministry of Jentezen Franklin here lately. I just love everything the man has to say, or what he allows the Spirit to say through him, rather. Last night I was watching his program as he spoke on God's will for your life. Something he said the Holy Spirit told him to speak just completely arrested my heart. He said that when you feel like you are moving further and further back from the will of God, when it doesn't make sense, when you're not getting closer but further from the promised things-the Holy Spirit says no step is ever wasted. You are pulled back sometimes because you are in a slingshot position. God is about to catapult you smack dab into the center of His will. He said Joseph was catapulted from the prison to the palace after 20 years of knowing he had a dream and knowing he had heard from God.
Today where I stand, I feel as if I have gotten so close to the dream that God has given me. But then I have been snatched backward all of a sudden and can't even get my feet on the ground. But that's okay! I'm about to be shot right into the middle of something awesome. That encouragement couldn't have come at a better time and the Lord knew that.


1 comment:

  1. I needed this perspective today...thanks! :)

    ♥Pam

    ReplyDelete