Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ranting, Venting, Waiting

I'm tired of spinning in circles going NOWHERE. And I'm even MORE tired of being judged by family for not "doing anything" when God tells me to stand still. So am I supposed to just spin in circles again? Is that what would be approved? For the first time in a long time I am doing NOTHING. I am praying. I am seeking the face of God. But I am not physically doing anything. When others try to throw me into doubting that I am doing the wrong thing by 'just' waiting, it makes me upset. I already doubt enough on my own-just being honest. I don't need people I look up to telling me that I am doing something wrong when I'm not.
Did you ever experience in your life this frustrating phenomenon: You think "I need to get up and do my homework," as you are getting up to...do your homework only to hear your mom say "Hey! You need to get up and do your homework!!!!!" ? That always frustrated the living daylights out of me.
But instead of that, when the doubting comes, I think to myself "God told me to be still. It seems crazy. I feel like I'm in limbo. I should DO something! But He said wait, so I will." And then a well meaning person says "You're standing still? That's crazy! you're in limbo. You should DO something!"
Don't get me wrong. I believe in actively waiting. I believe God ordains all of our steps including our waiting. I also believe that active waiting is different than making a plan B just in case what God is up to "doesn't pan out." As if anything I could come up with would be better than what God could do!
God told me to wait. I'm waiting. When the 293,945,392nd person comes up to me today and asks me "What are you doing (IN FIVE WEEKS) after you've graduated and gotten back from your missions trip? (tick tock)" I will say without shame, this time, I don't know. I'm seeking God and when He tells me I'll get back to you.
I'm tired of conversation coma turning into a doubt fest. Conversation Coma: People drag out some statement that is meaningless to them in order to keep the conversation conscious for one more minute before it dies, leaving the conversed with in deep distress, unknown to the oblivious asker.
I'm really not cranky, I promise. Just tired of not knowing. Just tired of being reminded that I don't know by people who continue to ask me because I'm now too old for them to ask what grade I'm in.
One of my professors reminded me that God will let me know. My frustration is just coming out of the fact that He hasn't told me TODAY. Oh for grace to trust Him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment