Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Expectant

The trouble with expectation is thinking you know what to expect and having a false sense of preparedness. But the good thing about expectation is that there is a willingness and a longing for and an openness to, something more. I am expecting great things. I have this sense of excitement in my heart for the days ahead. God birthed that in me today. I have had a sense of not knowing where I'm going and that has caused distress, even to a heart devoted to Him. But today, I was able to eat lunch with the North Carolina District Youth Director, also someone who has become a key influence in my life. He was able to pour into me, not just with his knowledge or networking. But he just gave of his time and I cannot tell you how much that meant to me. It gave me a sense of home, being that I am so far from home right now. I also got to speak with one of my favorite professors today and get godly counsel from him. I THEN got to spend extra time with someone who is quickly becoming close to me and is someone I highly respect and confide in. They are a true and rare gift from God and I'm thankful for our relationship. He also was able to give me advice and just share empathy with me in my not knowing what I'm doing.
Today has been a booster shot of encouragement and I am filled with expectation of the things of God. I am finding that even though I may not have a clue where I am going (Abraham also set out, not knowing where he was going and that faith was counted to him as righteousness-or true relationship with God-and he was declared a friend of God), I am excited about where I am going because I know God is setting things in motion. He has gone long before me to prepare the way. Like being excited about an upcoming vacation or Christmas or seeing someone you love walk out of the airport terminal, I am excited and expectant for the awesome things God wants to do through me.
Lay your requests before the Lord and be open to do whatever He asks of you. He wants to use you, but you've got to be seeking Him!

"In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly." Psalm 5:3

No comments:

Post a Comment