Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reflections of A Pilgrim

As I sit in God's will-figuratively but also literally-I look around me and see the loveliness that is Southeastern. Still can't believe I got to come here and that I graduate in two and a half weeks! God is so amazing. He takes me by surprise all the time. I have learned so much about myself and about Him. I didn't find the things I expected to (Let's be honest: ring by Spring), but I did find things I didn't expect (Such as the desire to get my MDiv). I miss home. By home, I mean the mountains of North Carolina. I daydream about gardens and sweet drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway with the windows down and the sunroof open. I miss my Mama and Daddy. I'm so thankful that God is allowing me to go to Romania and has allowed me to go to Israel and I am excited about all the other places I will get to go for Him. But I am equally thankful that out of all the places in the world, Western North Carolina is home. It's so nice to come back to. :) It's also okay that I didn't find Mr. Jada while I was here. I have always wanted to be a homemaker, but I can make a home for myself. I have the rest of my life to be a wife and mom so I'm just learning to embrace the future that is quickly becoming the present. I am learning who I am and it's wonderful! I am learning that no matter how I feel, rollar coaster up or rollar coaster down, God's plans are not unstable. He's the solid place for me to stand.

Jason Upton has some lyrics that have really been hitting me in a certain spot of my heart lately:

"There will be days you feel like flying.
Then there'll be days you feel like crying.
Never give up, never stop trying.
Never believe My love is dying.
'Cause when the whole world is through with you, baby
I will still love you, My child..."

I guess I should finish my 10 page Corinthians paper now...

No comments:

Post a Comment