I'm thinking about the longings in my heart. The desires that cause my daydreams these days are also the things that distract me from my present reality. I know that at some point in the near future I will wish I were back here. Why do we do that to ourselves? haha
How awesome is it to be where God is, seeing all that He sees, knowing the big picture? Not that I want that responsibility, but my point is that because He sees and knows, the futility of my worry is magnified. God is working all things together for my good and for His glory.
All the longings of my heart are being stirred these days and I wonder if it's just me or if it's the Holy Spirit. Yesterday I prayed and asked God that if it wasn't of Him that the feelings and dreams would die. But they haven't.
I thought about how scary going into a new era of life will be and how much part of me wants to stay at Southeastern even thought the other 98% of me is ready to move on. God reminded me that when I came here I had the same thoughts about Montreat College. Every place that is known, every face that is familiar, every encounter I've had with God was at one point unknown, unfamiliar, unfelt. I had to have the faith to step out from what I knew and be ready to trust that God had something more for me.
I think the longings are the whispers, no the yells in my heart that the Lord is using to remind me that this is just the beginning. There is more. Everything I have ever known is lovely but there is more. The longings I have are proof of that.


No comments:
Post a Comment