Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Word from our Sponsor

You want something of your very own,
something no one can steal.
But truly let Me lead you on,
and you'll see how I heal.

I specialize in restoration,
provision and protection.
When you don't hear My still, small voice,
I'm pausing for your reflection.

Disappointment, heartaches too,
you will know your share.
But they won't outweigh the joys, the Truth,
of the promises prepared.

JMP 12.28.10

After I wrote the above poem with the guidance of the Spirit, I signed and dated it as is my custom. But as I wrote the "10" I realized today is the first and last twenty-eighth of December in 2010. What did I accomplish in this once given day? Who did I touch, exhort, disciple? How did I grow closer to the Lord? You see, dear reader, if I cannot answer those questions with purpose, what good will 2011 be? We are all crawling toward New Years Eve and while that is a somewhat false sense of newness, what we do on the this side of the new year is really only a preview of next year. If I am not loving today, will I be loving a week from today on January 4, 2011 because the year is different? And if so, why am I waiting until then? I need to exercise today, pray today, intercede today, read the Word today and reach out to others today because tomorrow isn't promised.

All of that was for free. Now to the blog! :)

I knew when I was reaching for the pad and pen that this was going to be prophetic to someone-maybe even to me. I don't usually put my poetry for all to see but this is different. It's from God to His children, and those He is calling to be His. Whatever you're going through, wherever you are understand that if you will look to Jesus and keep your eyes on Him, everything else truly will fall into place. If you will listen to Him, trust what He says and do what He asks, you will find joy like you have never known. "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

2 comments: