

Sitting in the office for the last time, I can't help but look back over the past six months that I have been blessed to serve at Crossroads. I have learned so much more than how to do ministry. I've learned how to be a follower of Christ in a deeper way. God truly has been my provision. In Him I have known no lack. It has been a time where my parents have done what they could of course, but I was able to be on my own enough to trust that God will provide for you where He guides you. Obedience is the key.
I have also learned that when you invest in people, you build a trust. Not only as in "I trust you," but rather like a bank account. You build your credit with people and it becomes a bond that is unbreakable. I have had limited super close relationships in my lifetime, but here I was greeted with the warmth of friends and family. These are connections that insist I'll come to visit and I'll "always have a place to stay in Asheville."
I had gotten into a groove that worked for me and quite honestly, I'm deeply saddened to see it end. Thanks to the Bachelors, the Brooks' and the Sextons for your hospitality. Thanks to Isaac "junior" for befriending me from the first time we met. You're a great friend and brother in Christ! Thanks specifically to Stanley, Pastor Wade, Pastor Glynn and Pastor Bob for believing in me and mentoring me, Pastor Mike for always being available and approachable and allowing me to use some of your great commentaries. Pastor Isaac, thanks for always being encouraging! Many others in the church for giving me advice and speaking into me such as Jimmy & Susan Sexton, Calvin Metcalf, Bill & Edith DeLong, Harold & Ann Ferrel and so many more. Jon and Heather, thank you for your friendship. Thanks for all the fun at lunches, random breaks and to Heather for spending the night with me and to Jon for letting her! I love you guys. To my kids, I will miss each and every one of you. Keep going after God with everything you've got! I am always here for you. Just a facebook chat or a text away. :)
To the rest of my Crossroads family I didn't mention specifically by name, I have your names in my mind but the list is getting quite exhaustive. I love you all for who you are, who you want to be and for who the Lord is transforming you into. It has been my deepest passion and joy to serve along side you. Blessings to you all.
Grace and Peace be yours,

No comments:
Post a Comment