Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Promise Keeper

Tonight as I was standing in church, I looked around the sanctuary right as the music began and we stood. In that moment, I wasn't just looking at my church family. The Lord reminded me of dreams these people have...that are not yet reality. The one who relocated his family here for a job, only to be looking for work when the economy shifted. The one who has a specific calling and passion but the time isn't right and they are still being faithful to do what they can with what they have until the tide shifts. The one who has unanswered questions, lingering doubts, and is even a little angry at God-not understanding why they are in the place they are. I could go on with the shards of hearts that I saw as I looked at God's Bride. We forget that we are not the only ones who are working through a season of plowing. A season of watering. A season of growth. We plow. We water. But it is God who makes us grow (1 Corinthians 3:7). We hate plowing. We hate the work of watering. And we hate the growing for a different reason. We are not the grower. We are the one being made to grow, and in that we find a whole new set of things we find uncomfortable.
Tonight, it was as if I saw a basket. All of us have these seemingly random dreams that are seemingly unmet. But it is all of our lives that will come together-woven- to magnify the Basket Weaver. His plan for each of our lives will come together to form one plan and that plan is His kingdom here on earth as it is in heaven. So there are two things I realized/remembered tonight: I am not the only one waiting on dreams to come to pass, and all of our lives will come together for one purpose: to glorify Him. Be sure, God will be glorified (Philippians 2:10-11). So we have that hope that our lives surely will come together.

As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:10-11

You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. Joshua 23:14

No comments:

Post a Comment