The changing of a season is always hard, especially the one that had encompassed the last twenty-two years of my life. As I pulled out of the driveway, I felt that things would be different from that point forward. My parents felt it too. Their faces told me so. It is hard to put into words all the things I have been experiencing lately. When several things in life change all at once it is hard to put a grasp on how you feel, what is going on and honestly what I have been having trouble with-sensing the loss of control and being okay with it. Learning to let go-of all of MY plans and dreams and ideas about the ideal future has become what has brought me the most joy and the greatest peace.
Whatever it is that you have been holding onto with everything you have, let go. If you have to hold that hard to make something happen, maybe its not supposed to happen. I'm talking about dreams that you've always had-maybe not the dream, but how it is accomplished. Just sit back and be willing to do or not do whatever God is telling you to do or not do. No great revelations tonight, but all I can say is whatever God has is always better and the way He will ask you to take may seem steeper, but He'll always have your back. That is a fact I've come to count on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Images and feelings swirling about in your mind and heart but focused on God. Love it. Love you. Love the journey you are on!!! Ok. i'm gushing. I'll shut up now!!''
ReplyDeletep.s. My favorite part was in your encouragement of letting go of HOW you will get to the destination God wants you to go. Very timely.