In the days it seems God is silent, I have found that He is merely sticking close to the broken heart. When I sense failure creep in to suffocate me without a sense of reckoning, God is the faithful friend who stays by my side, silently weeping with those who weep, putting His arm around the shoulder as if to say without words "Where you end, I may begin. Where you fail, I restore. Where you are weak, I am allowed to become strength." A silent mourner in the midst of sorrowing hearts. He is so gentle that He quietly waits until our hearts can bear the strain of His whisper and that is when these precious words can be heard: "I AM."
He was, He is and He will be. He doesn't change as shadows shift at the repositioning of the sun. He is constant, He is true and to whatever it is you find that you may need or think you need He gently speaks "I AM."
So when you cannot hear Him, remember that He's given you His word and let that be enough. You are loved. He will never leave you. His plans for you are good. And in your trials, He is near to the broken heart. That is the place you can be sure you will find Him closest.
"For this is what the high and exalted One says— he who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite." Isaiah 57:4
“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” John 8:58
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment