If I could ever get to the place where I take my own advice, I'd be golden. As I heard myself giving advice over the phone it was like the Holy Spirit was talking to me through my audible voice. "Whatever you decide tonight about this is not going to make a difference tomorrow. You will still do all the things you're supposed to do tomorrow. Do not worry about trivial things that may or may not matter in ten years."
I also need to hear the advice I gave the 17 year old I was talking to "Do not wish your life away. You might not want to live at home right now but once you move out, things will never be the same again. Cherish the time you have at home. Yeah your parents may say things you don't like but they love you and you'll miss them some day."
Maybe someday I'll learn to trust in Jesus and know what it is to take Him at His word. Maybe someday I will learn to lean completely on Him. Until then, I know He will continue to teach me and guide me-with a little more patience than what I had tonight while talking to that friend.
I'm waiting for the promised things, and I'm waiting for things that may never come. In the mean time I'm preparing for them by getting myself ready. For all who know me this requires paper and a good pen. I need to make a list...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment