Monday, April 5, 2010

What I get for listening to a sappy song...

I somehow came across Josh Turner's "The Longer the Waiting (The Sweeter the Kiss)" this morning on youtube. As it was playing, I had this video of sorts running through my head of finally being able to run to my husband. I realized I want someone I can run to physically or figuratively whenever I want to without fear of bothering them or it being a bad time. Every time I get off the phone with my dad he says "Call anytime." I want that with my husband. I also want such a deep friendship that I don't have to worry about ticking him off. I'll always be welcome in his arms. I think sometimes we let some of our 'standards' go because we don't see exactly what we want coming down the road. But I have SUCH a long list of things and as I meet people who share these standards, I realize how realistic it is.

Josh's song ends "The next time I hold you I'm not letting go..." I don't really want to let go of the desires God has placed in my heart either. You know something else? I don't have to. Neither do you. ;)


1 comment:

  1. So true Jade!
    Love you! I also can't wait to meet the blessed man who will hold your heart!

    ReplyDelete