Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rest

Tomorrow is the first day of classes for my second semester at Southeastern. I can't believe it's already been five months since I submitted to my destiny. I've never been so at peace; I've never been so fulfilled. I have goals and a planner and hope to utilize both this semester to help me climb to my purpose. With all of that said, I know that this semester is going to have a personality of its own. I can't depend on it to be like last semester. The first reason being that I just spent the night in my room without a roommate for the first time-ever. I'm a social bug so that was a little hard to accept at first, but at the same time I can see the good things about it too. I'm working on it. Another reason is that this semester is preparing me for my summer internship. When you're in high school you do (or don't do) the work assigned to you while in the back of your mind you know that what you want to do won't come your way for several more years. But now, I'll be gaining instruction knowing that in a few short months whatever I have learned or haven't picked up will affect teens. I have a responsibility! The third reason this semester is going to be different is because I believe the Lord wants me to become more Spiritually involved. I took a semester to get the hang of things but now I need to go after Him even more. I can't get flakey and lazy! I have to press on and press through. With the responsibility I was just talking about comes the need for a deep, deep, deep spiritual walk with the Lord Jesus Christ and with the leading of the Holy Spirit. I can't lead others on my own! I can't learn to lead others on my own either! I need His help. On the way back yesterday I passed a couple of billboards that said "Are you depressed, angry, afraid? Jesus is still the answer." I would like to add to that "Are you tired, weak, hopeful, trying to find fulfillment and purpose? Jesus is still the answer!" Matthew 11:28-30 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Luke 12:6&7 assures us "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."



He offers to take our burdens if we come to Him. He will give us rest! More than that He knows us better than we know ourselves. AND HE LOVES US ANYWAY! Praise God for that! As I've heard growing up, He knows how many hairs are on our head and how many fall out in the hair brush. We are not forgotten.

As I work and love and live through this semester with workstudy and 20 credit hours and helping with the great youth group at church I can do it because if I give HIM my burdens and don't try to carry them on my shoulders He will give me rest! I can also rest in the knowledge that He has all of the details of my life worked out if I will just let Him have His way, because if He has the hair on my head numbered (and I have a LOT of hair), then He can most definately take care of the smallest details. He can do that for you too! The Bible says that He is no respector of persons. If He'll do it for me, He'll do it for you if you allow Him to.

Be encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment