Thursday, June 2, 2011

A One Sided Conversation with God

by Jada Parker

The days roll by and I sit idly by
aware of my dreams and of my purpose.
I feel amis,
has it all come to this?
That I have come this far, and am not of service?

I thank you for my daily bread.
You give me all I need.
You know the number of every hair upon my head
and I try to fight the sin that causes greed.

I don't want to be an ingrate.
I don't want to come so far
just to grow bitter
and distant from your heart.
I don't want to be careless
cold to who you say I'll be.
I'm just so tired of having to say
"We'll wait and see."

Manna is only good for the day.
My manna comes and then it rots as quickly as it came.
I can't get by on yesterday's and I can't get by without.
While I see it coming, it still seems I'm in a drought.

I don't want to be ungrateful
for every breath you give.
I don't want to be a poor steward
of every day I have to live.
Lord, please keep me mindful
of this simple truth:
every single thing I have comes from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment