Today we went to Ein Gedi where David fled from Saul. That is also where he wrote some of the psalms. We were assigned to write a psalm of our own from our hearts. Psalm 151. If you haven't read Psalms lately, there are only 150. :)
Psalm 151
I wandered in the desert;
hopeless, lifeless, barren.
I thought that in my barrenness
You weren't there.
I looked for lush, green hills.
I looked for flowing water,
living water.
But You showed me that I contained
the Living Water, the Garden.
In the ant You showed me life in the desert,
it may be small but it has purpose.
You showed me that from my barren places
You have not hidden.
You want for me to lean upon Your shoulder.
It was when I wouldn't lean that
I pushed You away.
Fill me up to the brim with Your
Living Water once more.
Give me the lushness of joy.
I looked for things on the outside and
came up short.
If I hadn't been in the desert I wouldn't
have looked on the inside.
I wouldn't have seen what You see.
Your garden of life within me.

No comments:
Post a Comment