Monday, June 28, 2010

Watching and Waiting

Today as I wait at the house for my new Mac to come to me, the Lord is reminding me of something. If only I were to look for Him like I'm looking for that Fedex man! With every noise, every rustling of the front shrubs, every hum of a heavy duty truck, ANY symbol of my Mac's arrival, adrenaline courses through my body, my eyes perk up all to realize it was a small pick up truck carrying mulch, a bird or a squirrel.
I'm actually sitting in the formal living room we only use when entertaining those who stop by unannounced. I'm sitting here on the laptop I'll soon enough forsake, and I'm working from home-completely reworked my schedule so that I could greet MacKenzie in all her glory.
I'm plagued with the question "Did I miss it and am I waiting in vain?" The ipod I ordered and presigned for is here. But on the tracking, the computer is on the truck waiting to be delivered. I call and have no human to talk to, only the option of tracking it as I've already done through the internet. Ugh.
If I live my life this afraid that I've missed God's will for me, I won't get anything accomplished for Him in the meantime. And if I live my life this aware of His return, of His leading between now and then, constantly looking for any sign of His approach, waiting with much excitement for His arrival, making myself readily available to meet Him at the door, how much better would my time here be?
I'm going to continue working on things from here instead of the office. I'll probably continue to jump at every noise. And if nightfall should get here before the arrival of my computer I'll be majorly disappointed. Did I miss it? Did he bring it when he brought the ipod? I can't get a straight answer when I call...

Prayer is sometimes like that, but I know that what I've been promised is coming. I know what I've asked for and I know I'll receive. I just have to continue to make myself available; and I'm not just talking about my Mac.

so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. Hebrews 9:28

No comments:

Post a Comment