Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Only One For Me

As a counselor at youth camp this past week I saw God move in so many ways. I would do it all again (even driving the church van that has no A/C. But this time I wouldn't complain). Kids were baptized in the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues, people were healed of hearing defects, kids were called into ministry, my youth pastor shared some awesome stuff with me about what the Lord is wanting to do in my life and it lines up perfectly with what the Lord has been telling me.
The Lord has called me deeper and I love it. One thing that spoke to me was a beautiful song that Southeastern's praise team sang. The one line out of that song that keeps me thinking is:

"You are the only One for me."

Jesus matters most to me. He's the only one for me. He's the only one I live for. Everything I do is for His glory (or that's the goal at least). Don't get me wrong, I want to find true love and get married. I want to have a family. I want to be in ministry. But all of that is nothing without Jesus, without His compassion for people running through my heart. I want Jesus more than anything. I know that as I seek Him and go after Him with everything I've got, everything else will fall into place.

He gave His life for me.

He paid a debt He didn't owe.

His love isn't based on what I do.

He stays the same-always.

His love is so wide and so deep that I won't ever be able to fully grasp it.

He is so in love with me. ( :

Yeah, most definately, He is the only One for me.


"You are the only One for me.
You are the only One I please.
You are the only thing I need.
You are the only thing I breathe.

I love You so much, how can I show You?
I love You so much, I want to show You.

I want to sing for You, I want to dance for You.
I want to sing for You, my Daddy."



No comments:

Post a Comment