Saturday, June 20, 2009

Enthusiastic

Recently I learned that enthusiasm in the Greek means to be inspired by God or to be expectant that God will show up. This has made me choose this word usage with purpose. When I work or minister I do it enthusiastically. I am anticipating the God of the universe to come and inspire and change me. I am expecting Him to show up. My words can be few when I'm trying to counsel a teen in the youth group because all I need to do is read His Word, pray and allow the Holy Spirit to flow through me. If we are just willing to be vessels to be used, vessels enthused about even the most seemingly mundane, your circumstances don't matter much. It's not a happiness or annoying perkiness in unideal situations, it's a deep joy in knowing-expecting the Great I Am to show up and change things.

No comments:

Post a Comment