Saturday, April 7, 2012

Otherworldly, Good Grace Day

Every day is a gift of grace. Some days we need that grace in order to extend it to others. But today, Jesus poured an extra dose for me to roll around in!
Asheville is where my heart is the most happy, first of all. Waking up to the birds singing, the sun peeking through the lush, green trees and the mountains capping the backdrop did immediate wonders on my morale. After taking my time getting ready and reading the Word, I was called downstairs to a breakfast of freshly made waffles, warmed syrup, bacon, sausage, orange juice and a huge Gilmore Girls sized cup of coffee. We ate breakfast around the downstairs kitchen's table and watched a special on the cathedrals of Europe...how fascinating (and dignified;). After breakfast I hopped in my car and headed for Asheville to do some morning shopping. As I entered the I-26 on ramp I said to the Lord "I know today will be otherworldly. It is so beautiful!"

I shopped at a few stores until one of my sweet friends, Jonathan met up with me at Barnes and Noble. We went to my favorite Asheville restaurant, Doc Chey's. When we got there the host informed us that he was going to give us the best seat in the house. It was not only by a window, but a huge set of french doors that had been opened to reveal a screen providing a constant influx of the fresh breeze. After we ordered our scrumptious Thai food, a man sat down outside the old theater across the street and began playing tunes on his tenor saxophone. The Carolina sky showed its best blue and the notes floated on the breeze through our window.
After lunch, we went to the Mast General Store where I had a NiHi orange soda in a bottle-one of my favorite things-and found my FAVORITE candy:sixlets. We had searched and searched to no avail, Jonathan not believing that my precious candy existed, only to find at the check out that there was a bowl of them waiting with a handwritten label. The plastic wrapped packages waiting for us. We laughed so hard!
Then for a fun drive to a shoe outlet store where I found an awesome pair of heels.
Then I was dropped back off to meet up with my lovely friend Claire. We caught up over coffee and chai while making posters that begged the question "Will you marry me?" Afterward, we walked with our carefully concealed cardboard posters to nearby Pritchard Park and waiting for Peter and the lovely and unsuspecting Alliemarie to come strolling by. We along with many others "poster mobbed" them and I was able to witness the proposal and engagement of Peter, one of my dear college friends from my Montreat College days.
A walk around downtown with Claire, and then relocation to Barnes and Noble to laugh and talk for a couple of hours followed. It was definitely an otherworldly, magical day. Thanks, Sweet Jesus. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment