Tuesday, August 9, 2011

When the loans come before the Job

Talking to the kind people who loaned me money to get through school...(we'll forget about the outrageous interest they charged in exchange for that great knowledge no one can take from me!)...I realized a lot of things. I'd like to share one of those things with you:

We depend on our jobs. A lot. I personally don't have a job currently so I have had to find another means of dependence. It would be my dad. But he is also unemployed. So who does that leave?

I feel terrible for asking it quite like that because you see, God should be the first one I depend on. Today in one half minute my mind went in this order: I need a job now! Why can't churches at least tell me if they're not going to hire me? How am I going to pay for all of this? I just want to start my life as an adult.

And then the peace comes. That sweet, gentle peace of the Holy Spirit that says I am your all in all. So you see, even though I do not know how it will all be worked out, I know that it will all be worked out. Max Lucado said "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, its not the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment